Major progress on the Dressing Gown. I didn’t want to knit on anything else all week and got to my 48 inches on Tuesday so I could split into fronts and backs. About an inch of the back section done. I tried and tried to take a pic of it all spread out but couldn’t get high enough to get it all in the pic. I spread it out on my king-size bed and it was nearly as wide as the bed and almost 3/4 of the distance from top to bottom. Thank goodness I have a dress form or this would be impossible to photo when it’s done.
I needed a break from the dressing gown and I had all those mini skeins from my dyeing tests. I was wondering what to do with them when I remembered the hexipuffs I’d done way back in 2013. I keep seeing these scrap blankets on podcasts but honestly, mitered squares are not my thing. So I’m pulling this out of hibernation, at least a little.
I’m doing them 3 at a time, magic loop. I did 2 on dpns (upper left) but decided to give magic loop a try to see if it was easier (it’s not faster.) So far it is easier. I’m just grabbing a mini skein at random, knitting until it runs out and then grabbing another at random to continue. No matching of colors, no planning. I’m not even looking when I grab. The 10 other puffs are ones I did in 2013. Some sock yarn leftovers, some shawl leftovers, some “I think this might be interesting.”
I do intend to make a Beekeeper’s quilt from my puffs. It may just take me another 10 years. I’m ok with that. I do have more leftovers if I’m still in a puff mood when the mini skeins run out.