Dressing Gown – Left front is done. Right front is ready to start. I’ve basted the left side together for stability and so I don’t have all those bits flopping around as I knit. I hope to have the basic gown knitted and sewn together properly by Christmas. Then I can wear it as I work on the collar and edging, which are knit separately and sewn on.
In Between Days – I’ve finished 7.5 of 12 repeats of the stripes. It’s going well, aside from the rows getting longer. I’m at 250 stitches now and the stripes go until there are 347 stitches. A row is starting to take forever.
My goal is to finish the dressing gown base by Christmas and In Between days and Lady of the Blue Forest by the end of the year. I have plans for new cast ons for the New Year which I’ll talk about in a separate post. I have to be careful about making goals like this. They are goals, not deadlines. If I don’t achieve them, no big deal. If I set deadlines my contrary nature kicks in and I suddenly have absolutely no interest in working on the items(s) in question.
Right now all my effort if going into finishing those stripes. I’d really like to get started on the next part soon. I do plan to work on the dressing gown all day Sunday. My husband will be occupied watching football and it’s also supposed to snow a little. Seems a perfect recipe for dressing gown knitting.