Sort of Finished Object

Kind of finished.  Partially finished.  However you want to say it.  Here is the base of the Dressing Gown, all knitted and seamed.

See that bit of pink on the front – that’s where the right front started.  I knit almost 2/3 of it while watching podcasts on Sunday.  I finished the rest and seamed it yesterday.  I started the collar last night.  It will be sewn on when it finished.  Then it’s s couple of miles of lace edging, also to be sewn on later.  I’m debating when to wash and block.  I really only want to do it once as it’s going to be a pain to find a place to lay it out to dry.  I think I’ll wait until I get some of the lace edging done and see if I need to block that before sewing it on.  If so, I’ll also block the whole gown at that point.

So I wore it for a few minutes last night.  It fits well.  The sleeves are a little long and I might leave off the lace edging for those.  At the moment it barely touches the floor behind me but that will change with the addition of the lace and as it stretches under it’s own weight.  Speaking of weight, it wasn’t as heavy as I thought it would be.  I’m absolutely thrilled with it.

Ends are woven it but not snipped.  I don’t snip them off until after it’s blocked. Oh and that’s a Roo kitty tail in the first pic.  She was very interested in what I was doing, as usual.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s