The Dressing Gown has come to a screeching halt.
I was working on the collar. But there was a problem. I hated it. I might even go so far as to say I despised it. I dreaded working on it. I kept putting it off. I didn’t like the way it looked or how it was knit. I wasn’t even sure I was knitting it right (the instructions are pretty sketchy.)
It’s been absolutely frigid here for the last few days and I’ve been wearing the dressing gown (right over my clothes and it fits fine and it is nice and warm.) I came to realize that the collar would be…I don’t know…too much, maybe. I was warm enough with just the gown and I do have a problem with overheating (makes me cough). Honestly, if I ever needed more warmth, I’ve got plenty of shawls I can wear right on top of the gown.
So I didn’t see a need for the collar and I hated the thing anyway so I decided to skip it. I frogged it. And that confirmed my feelings right there. I normally cringe and feel bad about frogging but all I felt was relief.
So, on to the lace edging. I cast it on and ugh. I could tell right away that I’d hate this just as much as I hated the collar and I have to knit miles of it. So I went looking for another lace edging that I liked better. Turns out that I don’t have many lace edgings in my books and none of them really caught my interest. Same thing happened when I looked online. I did try out one but it was on a stockinette base and I need a garter base. On some parts of the gown you’ll see the front but on others (around the neck) you’ll see the back.
So the Dressing Gown is on hold until I can get to the library. I’m also waiting for it to warm up so I can stop wearing the gown and take the few days I’ll need to wash and block it.
In the meantime, I’ll ponder what I want to do for a belt and how to hold it on. Right now I’m using a lace sash that’s just wrapped around. It sort of holds it in place but not very well.