It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Sorry about that.
While a lot of things have happened, not enough of any one thing has been done to do a post on. So I’m just going to ramble on about all of them in one post.
The Dwarrow Shawl has come to a screeching halt. The motif did not turn out right. I only barely understand what went wrong and I’m really not sure how to fix it. I’ve got the beginnings of an idea so I’m letting that rumble around in the back of my head for awhile
I’ve knit a bit of a few things, such as: Dracula’s Bride, Sing a Song of Sixpence, and Alla Moda. But not enough on any of them to be worth showing. Well, actually, quite a bit of Sixpence but one can only show so much circular stockinette.
I’m not having any luck finding test knitters for my Hap-style shawl. I’m debating posting in one of the groups with strict requirements for posting test knitting requests or just releasing the pattern and maybe offering it for free to the first 10 people to use a code, asking (begging) that those people knit it soon and make project pages.
I strained my back and was stuck on the couch for the better part of a week. I read a lot of fiction and spent way too much time on Pinterest. Which is why the last few days has been filled with a trip to the dollar store and then painting and altering the things I bought. And decorating for Halloween. Yes it’s still September but I love Halloween and why shouldn’t I start decorating (inside) whenever I want to. Besides, the day after Halloween, it all starts coming down and I start decorating for Christmas. I really love Christmas.
I’m also starting to get the urge to spin again. I started working on the Cormo fleece but the cut (butt) ends matted a bit in the washing process. This makes flicking/combing a lot of work and combing is prone to a lot of neps if not flicked first. It suddenly occurred to me that if I cut off 1/4 inch or so on the butt end, I’d be rid of the matting and it would be so much easier. The locks are long enough that losing 1/4 inch doesn’t really matter. I’ve got to try this on that Corriedale that has the same matting problem. It’s so much faster and easier on my body to comb now. I did a full dozen nests today.
Well, I think that about covers everything. If there’s anything else I can’t remember it right now. Hopefully I can make some showable progress on something soon. (I wouldn’t count on it. I can’t seem to settle into doing anything for long.)